Police have received reports of lack of social distancing and complacency around face coverings at school drop off and pick up times.
We all have a responsibility to take steps in helping reduce the spread of coronavirus. With this in mind, all families are required (unless exempt) to adhere to the following points to ensure a safe arrival and departure at school for all involved:
- Only one parent or guardian should drop off and pick up their child/children to reduce numbers outside school
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household
- Make good use of all available entry and exit points to the school site to avoid bottleneck
- Refrain from lengthy face-to-face conversation with staff or other families; use digital communication methods during lockdown
- Go straight home after dropping and/or collecting your child/children
- Consider wearing a face covering during pick up and drop off
Thank you for your support and understanding – together we will slow the spread of COVID-19 and save more lives.
You can familiarise yourself with the latest restrictions on the official Government website.