As you know, reading is incredibly important for a child’s education, well-being, emotional intelligence, vocabulary, imagination and so much more. This is why we hold reading in such high regard at Central.
With recent events causing us all to go into lockdown, reading is more important now than ever, and is a sure-fire way to guarantee your child continues to develop a range of skills.
With this in mind, we’d like to inform you of a range of reading initiatives that you can take part in over the summer:
- The library have once again launched their summer reading challenge: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
- Oxford Owl have e-books, activities and games for children of all ages: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- This site has a range of information to develop your child’s communication and language through apps: http://literacyapps.literacytrust.org.uk/
- You could listen to e-books or stories via YouTube.
- Get a head start on our 100 books:
- And remember, reading can be done in any language, as can asking questioning before, during and after a story.
We hope you have a lovely summer holidays and can’t wait to hear about the books you’ve been reading!