At Central, we will be celebrating Black History Month throughout the month of October. In addition to activities taking place at school we would also like to give the children the opportunity to have some fun at home by entering the 100 Great Black Britons competition. It’s a fun and engaging way to teach children at home about Black British History and how it helped shape our country as well as promoting and developing an awareness and appreciation of diversity, inclusion and respect for all.
We would like you to use the biographies of the Great Black Britons
nominated on www.100greatblackbritons.com (or scan the QR code
to visit the website on a smartphone). You can choose one or
several Great Black Britons. You then need to create a unique
and innovative project to celebrate their work and legacy.
This could be:
- for a presentation (examples could include a slide presentation, a
- short film, a speech, poetry, a drama or dance performance)
- for a display (such as artwork, photography, sculpture)
- a project or campaign (such as recorded interviews, a magazine, a music project)
- -any other way of promoting the stories of Great Black Britons (perhaps a social media campaign, website design, posters)
Don’t forget to share any entries on Twitter with us @CentralPrimary. The closing date for this is 23rd October.
Visit https://www.100greatblackbritons.co.uk/competition.html for more information and prizes.